Monday, July 18, 2011

Thunderstorm

I know don't about you, but I really enjoy things that explode and make loud noises in the sky. Fireworks are at the top of my list because they shoot off pretty colors too. Thunder is a close second. It's been a while since we've had a good lightning storm in Syracuse, so I just had to pause and watch the storm for a while this morning. There's this incredible feeling I get when I see the lightning streak across the sky, illuminating the clouds in one brief flash, and then the reverberating boom that soon follows. It reminds me of how powerful nature is (from the comfort of my house, that is). And how this flash of electricity is able to produce such a loud, cracking sound when it's right above you. There are deeper tones too, darker and rumbling as the storm drifts away into the distance. I wish it would stay a bit more so I could keep listening to the thunder. What do you like about storms?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment! Feedback or thoughts are ALWAYS appreciated =D