Thursday, July 14, 2011

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2- The Bittersweet End

So this is it, guys. Midnight tonight- the very last Harry Potter adventure: Harry Potter and the Death Hallows Part 2. (Here's the epic trailer for funsies:)



Harry Potter fans and non-Harry Potter fans alike have to admit that it’s a pretty heartfelt moment, to be at the very end of such an epic adventure. It came once at the release of the last book, but now it’s another whole conclusion with the finale of the movies. I mean, the books were amazing. But I feel it’s the movies that really characterized the saga and brought the series to life. Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Rupert Grint… their portrayals of Harry, Hermoine, and Ron couldn’t have been better.


Even Alan Rickman (Snape) and Tom Felton (Malfoy) took on their roles perfectly. And for those who read the books and then watched the movies, you know what I mean when I say those portrayals live on every time you re-read the series. The books and the movies as they came out one after the other really shaped each other. (If you follow the movies but haven’t read the books before, go start reading the series. I guarantee you will find it ten times more enjoyable. J.K. Rowling is pure genius, and there are so many smaller plots and nuances that the movies don’t have time to portray.)

So thank you, J.K. Rowling, for creating such a magical world and a story that will live on in kids, teenagers, and adults alike. The Harry Potter series has already become a classic that will continue on forever. I don’t care what the English teachers say, the Harry Potter series has more “literary merit” than most books I can think of. And more. For us current teenagers and college students, we grew up with Harry Potter. We grew up during the spell of waiting anxiously each year for the new release of the book and the next movie that would come out. We watched the actors grow up with each new movie.


There’s not many series that can compare with the scale of good vs. evil that exists between Harry and Voldemort. And quite honestly, I think there is no series that tops Harry Potter for the vividness of the characters (I mean come on, just look at Dobby), or the depiction of Hogwarts and the whole wizarding world. I can’t imagine how many kids and teens have wished before that they were invited to Hogwarts, or able to perform magic with a wand, or flying on a broomstick playing Quidditch. I mean, I can’t put it any other way. Harry Potter made for a very magical childhood.

And before we go on the last exhilarating ride tonight, just take a look back and smile at everything that has preceded this last movie. “Through the Pensieve” by genrocks sums up everything I just said. (I teared up when I first watched it)


Memories are forever. So know that it all ends tonight, but not really. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment! Feedback or thoughts are ALWAYS appreciated =D