Thursday, July 14, 2011

Oriental Supermarkets FTW

I was in Han's Oriental Grocery earlier today while my mom did some shopping and couldn't help but notice the one white guy eagerly browsing the aisles at 11 in the morning. I mean, it's not a big deal and there's no unspoken rule that only asians come to buy stuff, but this guy had such a big grin on his face that I knew it must've been his first time in the grocery. He was looking at everything with a mixture of delight and astonishment as his Korean friend kind of led him through the store.

He had several different drinks in his hands, a bag of shrimp crackers, and other delicious oriental market snacks, so I knew his friend was taking good care of him. It was just fun to watch him look at everything with such interest. But I guess that's how people in foreign countries always feel with Americans ogle over their markets too.

This guy acted exactly like a tourist's first time in the store. I couldn't help but smile, glad he was having so much fun shopping and getting to eat all those snacks later. Oriental supermarkets are awesome places to be when you know where all the yummy stuff is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment! Feedback or thoughts are ALWAYS appreciated =D