Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Subconscious Spasm

My friends and I were very entertained by this website the other day titled "Silly Mind Tricks." Before I go any further I'd encourage you to check it out for yourself... http://www.ijmc.com/archives/1998/December/02December1998.html

Some of them might be familiar or you've done them before, but the concept is the same: your brain doesn't always think in the same way that you think it does... weird thing to think about, isn't it? I was a bit surprised at some of the results that I got, compared to what some of my friend's saw. It's cool to think about your subconscious and what might actually be churning there when you consciously think or experience something. (Inception anyone??) Maybe it takes a shorter route to arrive at a conclusion, bypassing some thinking paths that slow down conscious thought. Or maybe it's some entirely different way at arriving at thoughts. I'll never know, that's for sure.

But it's kind of weird, knowing that you're actually thinking and computing and brainstorming ideas when you're just resting or watching TV or sleeping. I can just picture the brain waves that are sent out each second out of our skulls that we aren't even aware of. I just hope my subconscious doesn't suddenly malfunction or spasm (though maybe our subconscious is totally responsible for those Eureka! moments...)

Anyways, I thought these examples were pretty cool. Entertaining, at the least. I am very curious about that third one, though... leave a comment or something if these tricks really did work for you. You know your subconscious wants to.... =]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment! Feedback or thoughts are ALWAYS appreciated =D