Tuesday, June 28, 2011

The First Penny

There's something scary about writing on a new page or typing onto a blank screen. There's a hidden fear of imperfection with every letter that comes out, a thought in the back of your mind that you just might screw it all up. But I guess everything has a beginning that must start sometime.

So, this is the sometime. I think the title of this blog suggests that each post could be seen as equivalent to a penny. Good to know that even in a couple of months time there is a high chance that all my rambling thoughts won't even amount to a dollar. At least that takes care of the pressure. But I'm already doing that right now as I type, hitting the delete button and trying to rephrase sentences so they sound better. I don't think that's gonna get me very far if I want to post frequently to keep potential followers happy. So I have to swallow some of my pride and accept (and possibly apologize to english teachers who criticize my use of "gonna" and other colloquialisms) that my writing here won't nearly be perfect, or anywhere near my own standards for writing.

So there you have it. My first post. They say that any number is infinitely larger than zero. So now I am infinitely richer than I was a moment ago. Glad to have you along for the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment! Feedback or thoughts are ALWAYS appreciated =D